"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
-Coco Chanel

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Black and White and Tribal, oh my!

I'm a sucker for anything black and white so, when I spotted these harem style black and white pants I had to get them immediately. What's even better is that they're tribal print too! Tribal prints have been on trend a lot in 2013 and 2014. It is very chic looking and can dress up your outfit in a snap. I wanted my outfit's focus to be on the pants so I kept everything else pretty neutral. Black shoes, black shirt, neutral makeup and soft curls in my hair. 




Outfit: Top from Zara, Harem pants from Simons, Black heels from Aldo, and rose gold watch by Marc Jacobs.
Hair: I used my flat iron to create curls in my hair, I brushed it out to give it a softer look and then I pinned up one side of my hair.
Makeup: I primed my eyes with layin' low paint pot from M.A.C. I used the colour Soft Brown from M.A.C all throughout my crease and took the colour Carbon, a matte black colour, from M.A.C and packed that colour on the outer corner of my eye to get a very smokey effect. I took the colour Half-Baked from the Naked 1 and 2 palette and packed that all over my lid. Of course I blended everything out after applying all those colours. I lined my top lash line with my Nars liner and lined my waterline with my prolongwear definedly black eyeliner. I took Soft Brown and Carbon and smoked out my bottom lash line as well. I wanted to add some more drama to my eyes so I threw on my #43 lashes from Red Cherry. I contoured my cheeks with Blunt from M.A.C and used the colour Harmony as my blush. I wanted to keep my cheek colour strong but neutral. For lips I did something a little more fun, I did an ombre lip using a dark lip liner and a very nude lipstick. I outlined my lips with Chestnut lip liner from M.A.C and dragged the colour in slightly on the outer corners of my lips. Then, I used Myth lipstick from M.A.C and applied the colour all over the center of my lips. I went back in with Chestnut to blend the two colours together. I went back and forth a couple of times with those two products to make sure I didn't have any harsh lines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment