"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
-Coco Chanel

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Winged Liner and Spring Lips!

Hey everyone! I know a lot of you girls have some struggle with winged liner so, I wanted to share with you my take on it! I think its fairly simple and can easily jazz up your makeup. Another way to simply jazz up your makeup when you're on the go is to pop on a bold, bright lipstick colour. Basically you can just do your normal, everyday makeup routine and throw on a bold lip and instantly dress yourself up. I'm sharing a few different options on lipstick colours with you that are in trend this spring. So, lets get to it! 

First things first, after you have applied all of the makeup your normally wear and you get to the liner stage, pull out your blackest of black gel or cream liner. So what I did first was I drew a thin line coming out from the outer corner of my eye. As you can see here, the line I drew looks like an extension of my bottom lash line. That's a great guideline in making sure your liner stays even on both eyes. 



Next, I pulled the liner in towards the middle of my eye to fill in the line. The trick with this is to always draw your liner thinner than you want. Its easier to add more liner and thicken it up than having to thin it out. 




Then I just drag the liner all the way to the inner corner making sure my line gets a little bit thinner as I go in to give it more of a prominent look. 



Now, just throw on your favourite mascara and you're finished! 



Now for lips, the key to making sure your lipstick lasts long is to line your lips with a lip liner. Not only that but, you should also fill in your entire lip with the lipliner. This will help prolong the wear out of your lipstick. 

Here are the colours that I used: 




For the first colour I chose a bright pink lipstick called Flamingo by M.A.C and a prolongwear lip liner called Dynamo by M.A.C



For the second colour I chose a fiery orange lipstick colour called Lady Danger by M.A.C and an off red prolongwear lip liner called Trust in Red by M.A.C. (your lip liner and lipstick don't always have to match exactly. It's okay if the colour is slightly off. For myself, I prefer red liners with orange lipsticks because I feel that orange on it's own can seem a bit ashy for my skin tone.)



For the third lipstick I'm wearing Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the colour shameless with Fashion Boost prolongwear lip liner by M.A.C. I absolutely love the Revlon Colorburst lipsticks! They glide on very smoothly and smell like peppermint!



For the last lipstick I'm wearing Kardashian Beauty lipstick in the colour Au Naturel and the prolongwear lip liner etcetera by M.A.C. The Kardashian lipstick is actually double sided with a lip liner on the other end however, the liner is too light for my skin tone so I went with a darker colour. I know nude is more of an all year round kind of lipstick but, I can't resist a good neutral lip!!


I hope you all enjoyed this spring look and it helps you with you liner struggle and gives you an idea of what beautiful colours you can wear on your lips!

xoxo,
Raveena


No comments:

Post a Comment